Business Analyst (m/f/d)
scil animal care company GmbH headquartered in Viernheim (Germany) and founded in 1998 in the field of veterinary point of care diagnostics, is dedicated to quality pet care. Scil is an Antech company under the umbrella of Mars Petcare working together to deliver on our purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETSTM. Through innovation, invention, and strategic partnerships with worldwide leaders in diagnostics and treatments, scil provides the benefits of the latest generation technologies to veterinarians. scil’s range of complete blood diagnostic solutions include biochemistry, hematology, coagulation, immunoassay, heartworm, as well as other assays. The company is at the forefront of high-definition digital radiology and ultrasound for small and large animals and offers complete allergy solutions from testing and interpretation to immunotherapeutic options.
About Mars Petcare
At Mars Petcare we have one purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS™. Through comprehensive veterinary care, nutrition, breakthrough programmes in diagnostics, wearable health monitoring, DNA testing and pet welfare we help pets in more than 130 countries. For decades we’ve supported research into the incredible science of human animal interaction at the Waltham Petcare Science Institute where scientists discover important advances in pet health and wellness. Mars Petcare is part of Mars, Incorporated, a global, family-owned business with a focus on becoming Sustainable in a Generation, reflective of the many pets and communities we serve. Follow us on LinkedIn.
Join our team and shape the future with us
Business Analyst (m/f/d)
• Work with the Sr. Business Analyst and Program Manager to identify organisational priority and corresponding work scope.
• Work with the BA team to identify and capitalize on improvement opportunities as part of the team’s goals and objectives.
• Possess a high degree of analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Process and system diagramming expertise.
• Understand and analyze end-to-end systems business processes, systems and data/information streams, including user experience.
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to understand business needs and translate those needs into requirements.
• Engage in and provide various types of artifacts through standard BA analyses processes: Scope assessments, eliciting business requirements, current and future state processes and diagrams, systems processes and diagrams, use cases and test cases, improvement recommendations.
• User scenario and use case development expertise.
• Will work with Project Managers and Product Owners to identify, clarify, and translate needs into product scope and project plan activities.
• Translate business requirements into actionable user stories to support solution design.
• Partner with the IT development team and business partners to implement solutions under an agile framework.
• May collaborate with the Sr. Scrum Master on product backlog prioritization and grooming for IT related projects.
• As needed, work with testing teams and users to conduct testing/user acceptance testing.
Skills and Experience required:
• 2-5+ year’s experience as a Business Analyst ideally within the veterinary diagnostic field.
• B.S. in Business/ Technical Degree; Science, Technical, or Engineering field.
• Scrum Agile experience is preferred
• Business process modeling and diagramming skills are required
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Microsoft Visio or Lucid
• Microsoft Project and/or Smartsheet
• Systems and Software development knowledge
• Process design
• To align with team initiatives; proficiency in analytics, statistical software, power BI or similar data tools is a plus.
• Ability to support multiple projects
• Excellent communication skills
• Problem-solving and analytical skills
• Technical understanding of systems
• Business operations acumen
• Development: The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
• Benefits: An industry competitive compensation package including generous benefits.
• Mars Five Principles: Commitment to our Purpose and our Five Principles.
• Work Environment: An inclusive environment where associates feel valued, supported and comfortable being themselves at work.
• Mobile Working Guideline: We offer a hybrid work model.
• Business Bike: Through the cooperation with Business Bike, we offer the opportunity to get to work in a climate-friendly and fit way.
• An animal-friendly employer: Between video calls and meetings, our office dogs provide more well-being and motivation.
• Sustainability: We rely on environmentally friendly alternatives for our product packaging and feed our electricity via our in-house photovoltaic system. In addition to our energy-efficient office buildings and green roof terraces, we also offer sustainable water dispensers.