Director Diagnostic Corporate Affairs Europe (m/f/d)
Title: Director, Diagnostic Corporate Affairs, Europe
Segment: Mars Petcare
Division: Science & Diagnostics
Function: Global Petcare Corporate Affairs
Location: Viernheim, DE
Company: scil animal care company GmbH
About Mars Petcare
At Mars Petcare we have one purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS™. Through comprehensive veterinary care, nutrition, breakthrough programmes in diagnostics, wearable health monitoring, DNA testing and pet welfare we help pets in more than 130 countries. For decades we’ve supported research into the incredible science of human animal interaction at the Waltham Petcare Science Institute where scientists discover important advances in pet health and wellness. Mars Petcare is part of Mars, Incorporated, a global, family-owned business with a focus on becoming Sustainable in a Generation, reflective of the many pets and communities we serve. Follow us on LinkedIn
scil animals care company GmbH headquartered in Viernheim (Germany) and founded in 1998 is an Antech company in the field of veterinary point of care diagnostics. scil is dedicated to quality pet care. Through innovation, invention, and strategic partnerships with worldwide leaders in diagnostics and treatments, scil provides the benefits of the latest generation technologies to veterinarians. scil’s range of complete blood diagnostic solutions include biochemistry, hematology, coagulation, immunoassay, heartworm, as well as other assays. The company is at the forefront of high-definition digital radiology and ultrasound for small and large animals and offers complete allergy solutions from testing and interpretation to immunotherapeutic options.
Join our team and shape the future with us
Director Diagnostic Corporate Affairs Europe (m/f/d)
• Oversee and guide full spectrum of program and commercial communications strategy and planning and execution support, including media relations, spokesperson preparation and issues management.
• Maintain strong knowledge of programs from R&D/innovation to commercial, including evolving data, scientific, diagnostic and technology landscape and key stakeholders in relevant areas.
• Foster positive relationships with external partners and developing strategies and implementing plans to develop and amplify external partnerships and collaborations.
• Develop and lead all aspects of a comprehensive thought leadership and communications strategy that advances our divisional business priorities in Europe.
• Be a catalyst for opportunities to enhance our product and service brand awareness and share of voice for the overarching communications program; leveraging a strategic plan that capitalizes on business milestones, new data and innovations, external partnerships and initiatives.
• Establishing collaborative relationships across the organization to for premier speaking engagements with our science, diagnostics, data experts in Europe.
• Amplifying thought leadership and storytelling across executive leadership speaking forums, industry events, digital media, etc.
• Developing and implementing surround-sound communications strategies and campaigns.
• Measuring and analyzing effectiveness of communications approaches and codifying standard processes; leading the implementation of strategic or tactical changes to improve outcomes.
• Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders stablish and lead a disciplined approach to program message development, resulting in content, such as an overarching narrative that aligns with our commercial and marketing approaches and the corporate narrative as well as key messaging to inform milestone-driven communications activities.
• Oversee and guide management of PR agency partner for assigned programs, with the goal of maximizing the team’s impact within agreed-upon budgets.
Skills and Experience required:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications or associated area is preferred.
• 10+ years relevant experience in internal and external corporate communications in agency or in-house, ideally in a scientific, medical, med tech, policy, technical, diagnostics or health field
• Exceptional writer with proven ability to process, interpret and communicate complex information.
• Deep experience with media relations, writing news releases and briefing materials for executives including briefings, presentation, LinkedIn/Thought Leadership
• Experience in social media and web content strategy and be adept at knowing how and when to suggest editorial ideas and provide framework for integration of content across multiple platforms
• Proven experience in co-creating, facilitating and sustaining external campaigns and engagement programs with internal and external stakeholders
• Capable of enterprise-wide thinking, leadership and stakeholder perspective-taking
• High degree of professionalism, agility, executive presence, business understanding, organizational awareness and confidentiality
• Proven experience managing global advocacy relationships with external thought leaders, academia, and professional societies
• Experience managing issues and crisis
• Fluency in English.
• Thrive working in a fast-paced innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
• Ability to analyze and activate is needed to meet expectations of the role, such as understanding issues from multiple angles; developing strategic plans, programs and recommendations; communicating complicated concepts and information across internal and external audiences in a simple and compelling manner; and mitigating risks.
• Proven success in leading communications in highly complicated settings (i.e., multi-unit organization) required.
• Robust working experience in international and intercultural settings
• High performing around ambiguity and ability to influence without authority
• Good at negotiating and comfortable around senior management
What can you expect from Mars Petcare?
• The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
• An industry competitive compensation package including generous benefits
• Commitment to our Purpose and our Five Principles.
• An inclusive environment where Associates feel valued, supported and comfortable being themselves at work.
• The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact.