Senior Technical Project Manager (m/f/d)
scil animal care company GmbH headquartered in Viernheim (Germany) and founded in 1998 in the field of veterinary point of care diagnostics, is dedicated to quality pet care. Scil is an Antech company under the umbrella of Mars Petcare working together to deliver on our purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETSTM. Through innovation, invention, and strategic partnerships with worldwide leaders in diagnostics and treatments, scil provides the benefits of the latest generation technologies to veterinarians. scil’s range of complete blood diagnostic solutions include biochemistry, hematology, coagulation, immunoassay, heartworm, as well as other assays. The company is at the forefront of high-definition digital radiology and ultrasound for small and large animals and offers complete allergy solutions from testing and interpretation to immunotherapeutic options.
About Mars Petcare
At Mars Petcare we have one purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS™. Through comprehensive veterinary care, nutrition, breakthrough programmes in diagnostics, wearable health monitoring, DNA testing and pet welfare we help pets in more than 130 countries. For decades we’ve supported research into the incredible science of human animal interaction at the Waltham Petcare Science Institute where scientists discover important advances in pet health and wellness. Mars Petcare is part of Mars, Incorporated, a global, family-owned business with a focus on becoming Sustainable in a Generation, reflective of the many pets and communities we serve. Follow us on LinkedIn.
Join our team and shape the future with us
Senior Technical Project Manager (m/f/d)
• Lead complex projects that span across multiple cross functional teams responsible for building a unified, Global digital consumer experience for Antech customer and employees.
• Direct activities across cross-functional teams (Product Management, Design, Engineering, Enterprise Applications, QA, etc.), stakeholders, and proactively identify and manage dependencies across them.
• Inspire teamwork without direct reporting authority and focus your energies on the health of your product development team.
• Bridge gaps between the Product Manager and the Development, Design and QA teams, partnering with Product Management to ensure the product backlog is in good shape and ready for development.
• Participate in Agile events, including Daily Stand-Ups, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, and Sprint Reviews and Demos for your teams.
• Coordinate keeping project artifacts up to date in Antech business systems like Sharepoint, Smartsheet, Confluence and JIRA, also responsible for creating project monitoring tools like weekly status reports, project health dashboards and risk and decision logs to avoid project pitfalls.
• Escalate issues and impacts to delivery timelines and work proactively with teams to remove barriers to project execution.
• Innovate with the to create a strategy for programs & projects to ship more effectively.
• Report status on project commitments and team objectives to all levels of the organization, catering your message for each audience.
• Coordinate software releases across multiple teams, including external groups like customer support, product marketing teams and third-party development partners.
• Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
Skills and Experience required:
• Someone who is detail-oriented, superior ability to communicate, excellent at team motivation and accountability, and committed to delivering on time, with a high bar for quality outcomes.
• Significant experience with agile scrum principles and processes.
• Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of successful project management.
• Acute attention to detail and exemplary communication and organization skills.
• 8+ years of experience working in a cross-functional team environment with a track record of being a part of software projects in a fast-paced environment.
• 3 to 5 years of experience managing teams, including Project Managers
• Experience working in a human or pet health laboratory environment or with laboratory data is a huge plus.
• Proficiency in software dependency management across technology stacks, for example middleware services, APIs, web, and native applications
• Flexibility to help teams execute without perfect process or overbearing checklists.
• Coordinate with third party partners and remote teams so your team can deliver against commitments.
• Knows the difference between process that adds value vs. process that impedes teams.
• Appreciates the attention to detail and what it takes to build a project plan.
• Development: The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
• Benefits: An industry competitive compensation package including generous benefits.
• Mars Five Principles: Commitment to our Purpose and our Five Principles.
• Work Environment: An inclusive environment where associates feel valued, supported and comfortable being themselves at work.
• Mobile Working Guideline: We offer a hybrid work model.
• Business Bike: Through the cooperation with Business Bike, we offer the opportunity to get to work in a climate-friendly and fit way.
• An animal-friendly employer: Between video calls and meetings, our office dogs provide more well-being and motivation.
• Sustainability: We rely on environmentally friendly alternatives for our product packaging and feed our electricity via our in-house photovoltaic system. In addition to our energy-efficient office buildings and green roof terraces, we also offer sustainable water dispensers.